Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: help a newbie?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member waitingroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi. I just found a super 8 at a thrift store today and it was only 4 bucks so I couldn't pass it up, but I don't anything about it at all. It's a Penncrest P-IR...it doesn't have many features or anything..just a basic super 8. I was hoping someone might have information or some help for me. Thank you.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have never heard of one..but I did find some info on it courtesy of http://www.kolumbus.fi/puistot/list.htm

    Penncrest
    600
    Lens: 2,8 / 9 - 54 mm
    Frame rates: 12, 18, 32
    Manual / Auto Exposure
    4 X AA batteries + Mallory PX14 /
    2,7V for light meter
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Penncrest
    Zoom 400
    Auto Exposure
    4 x zoom.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Unless your Super-8 camera is spring wound (very few if any were spring wound until the Russian cameras were made), there should be a primary battery compartment that will take between 2-4 batteries. Newer Super-8 cameras can take up to 6 batteries, probably because the light meter batteries were eliminated and everything runs off the primary battery supply.

    If you have an automatic light meter, you will need to see if you also have a secondary battery compartment.

    Does the Camera run?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member waitingroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks. I'm guessing it's the latter cause there is no place for batteries and there's no sign of being able to change the fps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •